When Ka'ihi and I were laying in bed talking tonight, that's what he said. "I miss Hilina'i and 'Iwi and Koa and Lia" and named some more of the Sunbeams in our old ward, McCully. I felt sorry for him, and said "I miss my friends too. But we can make new friends in our new church"
"Like Teo? He's in our new church"
"Yeah, Teo. Do you like him?"
"Yeah but I miss my friends too"
Then I thought how these are the friends he's known his whole life, in nursery and beginning Primary together. Birthdays and ward activities and visit/home teaching etc. Poor baby! No wonder he's sad. I felt bad for him but he has at least one friend in his new ward and hopefully soon we can visit with the old ones.
Although Kamuela and I have lived in 5 different homes since we got married, this is the first move with a child old enough to realize what is going on. We've always been happy to move and start over but I suppose it will get harder and harder once our babies grow older. Hopefully soon we can stop bouncing around and settle down for a longer while.
At least we have each other
YAY!!!!! A new post!!!! And so sweet. With his sparkling personality, he'll soon have more friends than he can count...
ReplyDeleteLove you all.XOXO