May 10, 2013

Pregnancy number 2

I've been meaning to write this for a while now but keep procrastinating, which is probably a good thing because the longer I leave it the more differences I notice so win win!

Anyway so right from the beginning this pregnancy has been completely different. In fact until I had the gender reveal ultrasound I thought I was having a girl! That's how different it's been. But I am more than happy to be having another little prince and what that means for our family. Finally there will be more than one male Kimokeo in this line to carry the name! We are so thrilled and feel very blessed.

So, pretty much I knew when I was pregnant. In fact (sorry for the tmi but I want to remember this to compare to later pregnancies) but as soon as we decided we were ready, it happened. Like straight away. With Ka'ihi it took about 3 months of trying.

So, I knew, mostly because my boobs started swelling straight away and I had to pee during the night, which I usually don't do. With Ka'ihi I didn't notice changes in my body until I was already about 2-3 months along, and finally took a pregnancy test.

Also, this baby has been sitting much lower, lower than I ever felt before, even when I was delivering Ka'ihi. When I was still going to the gym, I would feel like I had to be careful that he didn't fall out! That's how low it feels sometimes. Which I am hoping is a good thing and means I will be able to deliver naturally and avoid another c-section (fingers crossed).

My biggest blah - I'm GINORMOUS! I was hoping with all my hard training over the past two years (kind of almost the best fitness in my life except when I was dancing in high school) I could keep my weight down this time around. But once again I've ballooned HUGELY and am currently at 33weeks the same size I was when I went in to deliver Ka'ihi at full term. EW! My boobs are at least a full cup size bigger than ever before and I had to buy new bras. My stomach is so stretched, although I haven't noticed stretch marks yet except where I had a belly button piercing years before during my days of being young and wild and totally irresponsible.

I was way more nauseous, throwing up until about 6-7 months. First pregnancy I completely stopped at 4 months.

BUT first pregnancy I was so dizzy constantly and almost passed out on several occasions. This time, it's only been a slight problem since I entered the third trimester and I've only had one serious moment where Kamuela had to rescue me in the car about 20 feet from my house. Embarrassing. But I think I've figured out that if I drink tons of cold water when I wake up I don't feel as bad. Maybe I was dehydrated from the constant peeing during the night!

I'm very pleased that I've been pushing myself more this time around. It helps to have a three year old to run after and keep entertained, but I've been far more active this time. Keeping up going to my turbo kick classes and lifting weights regularly until we moved away (only downside to Ewa), and walking, running, yoga, and SWIMMING which we love! Its such a blessing to have a pool. Also I've been trying to continue light weights and stretching. But I am sooooo tired that I look forward to nap time and still try to get Ka'ihi to bed as early as possible! I'm so grateful he is such a good sleeper. 10-12 hours at nighttime and 2 hour naps I couldn't ask for better!

I had placenta previa this time, but was grateful that it moved and hopefully it will stay that way!

Oh, I've been feeling this baby kick and move since 10 weeks. I thought that was ridiculously early and asked my doctor but he said that its very probable and he has been pretty much nonstop ever since. With Ka'ihi I didn't feel anything until about 5 months and he was only really active when I held other babies or listened to Hi'ikua. But this one is constant and I'm pretty sure is trying to kick his way out of there.

I also feel a little more in control of my decisions and am not afraid to ask questions or speak up if I disagree. I've been reading up a lot about VBACs and the options available to women and babies and feel a little more prepared mentally than I was last time. I have a great doctor this time and he is supportive of my trying to labor naturally as long as possible etc. But physically it's been way more stressful with moving and Kamuela being sooooo incredibly busy and hardly ever home. That part has been much harder and I'm so glad he's finally on break and has more time to spend at home.

Anyway that's my detailed list of how this pregnancy has been different, and I'm sure I'll think of more things to add. I think it's interesting to compare to my first and hopefully learning from past experience. I've been keeping in contact with several friends who had c-sections first then gone on to have normal deliveries after. That keeps me focused and inspired. Vbac is my goal! But of course a healthy baby is number one priority and if that means another cesarean then so be it. Faith and works.

3 comments:

  1. First of all - YAY!!, A NEW BLOG!! Loved reading about everything. I think once you become a mom, we're forevermore fascinated by all sharing of experiences of pregnancy, labor & deliveries, etc. :-)

    We are so excited about the arrival of this new baby. I think you and Kamuela will (continue to) be fantastic parents. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Roxy (and Kamuela). Can't wait to see #2 make his big entrance into this world. Love you guys lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think pregnant roxy is beautiful!!! cool to read.

    ReplyDelete