Nov 11, 2011

The kid who made my heart grow bigger

Photobucket

I thought my heart had reached it's max capacity when I fell in love with Kamuela.

Then along came Ka'ihi and found all these hidden heart-muscles that were just waiting to be stretched a little bigger! 

I love being a mother.

I love how affectionate he is (even if it's a little embarrassing when my son is constantly trying to hug and kiss the other kids at the playground). I love his voice and the words he says. I love his smile and making him laugh. I love his fascination for the smallest things that would go unnoticed by an adult.

I love how he cuddles into us during the night, wraps his arms tightly around me and squeezes (even though he's still sleeping). I love how he always wants to do things with us, even something as small as colouring or building blocks.

I love to see him learn something new and get excited to share it. I love to see/hear him pray. I love that he loves music and nursery. I love that he knows most of his family members by name and prays for them. 

I kind of don't really like brushing his teeth. I don't know why, it's just one of those things that has to be done but neither of us really enjoys it. 

I love to watch him sleep so peacefully. I don't like to see him sick or hurt. But I love how, even if he is afflicted, he can still be happy and loving.

I love that Heavenly Father loves me so much that He gave me one of His choicest, elect sons to raise. I love the mothers in the scriptures, especially those of the Stripling Warriors. If my son was like them I would be a happily blessed woman.

I love the miracle of life. And I love the Plan of Salvation. And I love the Lord.
And my Eternal Family.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely my most favorite blog you have ever written!! What a heart-warming page to read, from the first poem & picture to the very last line.

    I'm so thankful you are our daughter-in-law, and we get to love and enjoy the wonderfulness of you for all eternity.

    You are an incredible woman, wife, and mother. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post... you are such an amazing mother, Roxy! I absolutely L.O.V.E. your picture! AMAZING! I hope that is framed in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, what a sweet post! i LOVE ka'ihi too!!!!! and your whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ka'ihi melts my heart too. I know why you're so in love with him. ;)

    ReplyDelete