At the beginning of each month I'm going to evaluate where I am with my goals. To try to maintain focus and get an idea of things I need to work on!
So, I'm pleased to say we have been working out SO WELL! Kamuela has been running with me (we go twice a week together) and it's motivated him to go by himself more often, and to get back into the swing of things. Last week we BOTH worked out 6 days of the week! That was really good. I'm proud of us.
Also I did some visiting teaching (finally) and already have appointments set up for my other sisters.
And I joined the ward choir! That wasn't on my resolution list but I enjoy it and they needed people. So Ka'ihi and I go to practice while Kamuela's at his meetings.
Oh and I started listening to the CD that teaches Spanish. We're starting with conversation words and I knew most of them already! Ye-hah. Soon I'll be conversing with my Latino friends and they will be amazed at my skills :)
But this is the busiest semester we have ever had. Kamuela is working all day everyday (and night). It's harder than ever to plan to get things done, but at least he is enjoying his teaching and hopefully we won't have this insane schedule for too long. He also has at least one trip off island a month (and it's only February - there are bound to be many more that come up during the year). Between WCC, UH, Nankuli, 'Aulani, 'Ilikai, Elders Quorum President meetings and visits every week passes in a blur.
But amazingly it seems that when we just try to put our heads down and go to work and try not to think about all the things we'd rather be doing or worrying about getting things done, somehow it all works out and we still have time to play at the park, go to the gym, watch our favourite shows and get our shopping done. It's just like money. When we try to count every penny and make paying bills a big deal, it seems like we always struggle. But when we don't make it a big thing, and don't worry so much about it, we always seem to have more than enough! Sure there is room for improvement but I'm learning not to make these things become the "rocks in the jar", rather they are the pebbles, and sand.
#Perspective!

What a wonderful post!! Congratulations on doing so well with your resolutions, especially exercising! Your little family is an inspiration to all of us.
ReplyDeleteI also think it's fantastic that you joined your ward choir! Good way to use your time while Kamuela is in meetings, and I'm sure they're so happy to have you!
I'm so proud of all you are doing as husband & wife, and mommy & daddy! You are a very special family. XOXO
wow, you guys are amazing! i'm thoroughly jealous of all you have accomplished! way to go, both of you!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Roxanne. And Spanish! Impressive.
ReplyDelete